Cocktails & Conversations with the DCPA
The BMA Colorado Young Professionals group is doing something a bit different this go-around for our signature event series, Cocktails and Conversations. We will be headed to The Denver Center for the Performing Arts to meet and mingle with the DCPA marketing department for a night of networking, fun and theater! Join the BMA Young Professionals for Cocktails and Conversations as we partner with the DCPA's young professionals group, Fourth Wall.
This fantastic event will include:
- 30 minute DCPA walk-thru and Q/A session with BMA Colorado President and CMO of DCPA, Jennifer Nealson, along with the Director of Marketing for the DCPA, Brianna Firestone
- Networking with like-minded YP’s in BMA and the DCPA’s YP group, Fourth Wall
- Appetizers and drinks
- Special performance of Romeo and Juliet at the DCPA
- After party at a local bar to network with peers and meet the cast of Romeo and Juliet
Don’t pass up this fun night out with your BMA Colorado YP group! All of the above is included for a minimal price of $30 for members and $40 for non-members.
- 5:30-6:00 Parking and registration for attendees
- 6:00-6:45 DCPA Marketing Q&A, apps/drinks provided at the Newman Center
- 6:45-7:30 Transfer over to the Stage Theater to meet the Fourth Wall Group
- 7:30-10:15 Romeo and Juliet
- 10:30- TBD After party at The Corner Office (14th & Curtis) to meet the cast of Romeo and Juliet
- Location of the conversation with Jennifer Nealson is in the Marketing Department Conference Area in the Robert and Judi Newman Center for Theater Education (across the street from the parking garage on Arapahoe and 13th).
- Romeo and Juliet will be performed in the Stage Theater and begins at 7:30pm&;
New BMA YP Membership Rate!
The Business Marketing Association is here to help. If you are 30 years of age and under, BMA offers a full year of membership via our Young Professionals Program for just $75. This is $135 less than the standard membership fee and is available only to new members and membership renewals who meet the young professional’s criteria. This rate includes a national as well as a Colorado chapter membership.
Current BMA Colorado President, CMO, DCPA
Jennifer K. Nealson is the Chief Marketing Officer of The Denver Center for the Performing Arts where she oversees all marketing and communications, customer experience, audience development and sales with management responsibility for 100 employees and 400 volunteers.
Nealson has served in executive leadership roles over the past 14 years of her career, most recently as Chief Marketing Officer at Trust Company of America. Previously she was Vice President/Managing Director of Marketing & Communications at Republic Financial Corporation. In her prior positions, she has created and directed all aspects of integrated marketing strategies.
Nealson’s experience covers strategic planning, branding, integrated marketing, lead generation, public relations & media, event planning, sales enablement, sponsorships and multi-media strategies. While at Republic Financial, she not only managed the Marketing and Communications efforts of the five divisions of the parent company, but also oversaw marketing efforts of more than 20 affiliate companies. This experience makes her the perfect choice to oversee marketing efforts for 11 locally-produced plays, more than 22 Broadway touring productions and extensive educational programs, which serve more than 50,000 students each year.
Nealson holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Organizational Communications from the University of Nebraska and a Certificate in Finance and Accounting from the University of Colorado. She has been named to the National Forbes CMO Network and is President of the Colorado Business Marketing Association. Nealson is an advisor for the Colorado CMO Advisory Council and, in years past, served as Regent and a member of the Board of Directors at the University of Nebraska.
Director of Marketing, DCPA
Brianna Firestone is the Director of Marketing at the Dencer Center Theater Company, which is part of the DCPA, where she oversees single ticket and subscription campaigns for the Tony Award-winning company. With 10 years of Marketing and Public Relations experience, Brianna has managed comprehensive marketing and communications strategies for University of Colorado Cancer Center Fund (CO), BDE Public Relations (NY), Meredith Corp. (NY) and Okoboji Summer Theatre (IA). She has executed advertising, social media, branding, promotions, special event planning and publicity with a proven track record of sales growth, new member acquisition and increased press exposure. She holds a BFA in Theatre with a minor in music from Stephens College (MO).