How Do We Handle Constant Change in Social Media Marketing?
Twitter and Instagram just announced that they are moving to an algorithm-based model like Facebook, making a milestone shift from their chronology-based feeds. Live video is quickly becoming a wildfire medium in platforms like Periscope and Facebook Live. Facebook has made major changes to their ad campaigns, algorithms, and objectives in just the last year. And what on earth do we even do with Snapchat, anyway?
When you consider that Facebook has only been open to the public for 10 years, Twitter is only 10 years old, Instagram is only 6 years old, Google+ is on life support, and Snapchat is barely a toddler, the social media game has changed in major ways every year. If you're going to be successful at social media for your business, you not only have to know what is changing, but how to adapt with it.
In this talk, Eric will cover:
- A brief history of social media changes and how they've affected businesses
- How he and other successful social media professionals look toward the future
- How to determine what platforms your business truly needs to be on in order to see the most success
- When you should reconsider your social media strategies on different platforms
- How to make sure that you are on top of your social media game at all times
Eric is a digital strategist, author, professional speaker, and CEO of WideFoc.us (founded in 2007), a social media strategies agency that specializes in using ePR and social media tools for reputation management, sentiment tracking, and to create constellations of reinforced messaging and brand experiences for small businesses, consumer brands, and global corporations. Eric has been navigating changing social media platforms and algorithms for well over a decade."